New information Exists.....

by daneeboy | 11:35 in |

David Walliams still suffering from Thames illness
David Walliams still suffering from Thames illness, David Walliams has fallen behind schedule in his charity river swim after coming down with "Thames tummy".The comedy star has managed to raise more than £200,000 for Sport Relief three days into his challenge, but is suffering with a high temperature, vomiting and diarrhoea.

He said: "I always knew there was a risk that taking in the water could cause problems, but now it's happened it's still hit me really hard.

"I was sweating in the night and have been to the toilet a lot this morning.

"When I heard the total raised had jumped to more than £200,000 it gave me a real boost, as do the thousands of people who have been turning out and cheering.

"There were so many last night I thought Take That were in a boat behind me.

"This is already much harder than I thought it would be - but this Thames tummy I've got is making the task seem incredibly difficult and London seems a long way away."

The 40-year-old Little Britain star is aiming to swim 140 miles over eight days from Gloucestershire to London.

The BT Sport Relief Challenge: Walliams vs The Thames is being filmed for a documentary to be broadcast in the build-up to the Sport Relief weekend next March.

Walliams previously swam the English Channel in 2006, raising £1m in aid of Sport Relief.

The celebrity, who was supported by his wife, model Lara Stone, and mother Kathleen as he set off, is asking for people to sponsor him at www.sportrelief.com/walliams.

He also wants members of the public to cheer him on from the riverside.

Source: sky

Blog Archive